Find out more about Claire Haillot!
Active in the quilting industry since 2004. My main wish was to demystify quilting and make it accessible to my French speaking friends. So I opened a quilt shop. It didn’t take too long for me to start teaching and writing how-to guides. I even translated product information into French for American companies. Over the years I became the quilting reference for French Canadians.
I slowly started my own line of patterns and began publishing in Canadian, European and American magazines. You might have seen some of my work in Quilter’s World, Pratique du Patchwork or Canadian Quilter. I decided to close my brick & mortar quilt shop in 2016 to concentrate more on teaching, writing and creating. I have launched my very first commercial pattern Dancing Diamonds with PlumEasy patterns.
It’s also very encouraging to win a few awards along the way:
- Best of show at International Quilt Festival Chicago 2018 for Remembering Sochi
- Second Place:
- Vermont Quilt Festival 2016 for Remembering Sochi
- Salon 2016 for Lone Star quilt
- Vermont Quilt Festival of 2014 for Bienvenue
- Juror’s choice at the Salon 2012 for Thomas goes fishing
Married with three young boys, I live near Montreal and share my passion for quilting among my neighbors in North-America and my cousins in France.